I agree that the due process of students accused of code of conduct violations is bypassed by college administrations.

That was how I felt when I was formally accused, twice out of three semesters in a row, after I had reported being harassed at Bunker Hill Community College.  





That's a picture of part of the male Amherst College student's lawsuit, for which this is the address:


The first semester that I reported being persistently harassed at school, in 2016, I was called by the administrative assistant to the Dean of Students on a Monday morning.  I was asked to schedule a meeting with the Dean of Students for that afternoon, on the same Monday.  I thought that the meeting was being scheduled so that I could tell the Dean in person about my being targeted for harassment week after week.  As soon as the meeting was scheduled, I was sent an email formally charging me with two counts of violating the school's code of conduct and telling me that the scheduled meeting was actually a formal "administrative meeting" to present me with the false and retaliatory charges in person.  I only had a few hours to figure out what to do.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My next blog

"Just like in the movies."